RECREATIONAL PILOT PERMIT
14 years of age to solo, 16 years for permit
The holder of this permit is entitled to fly any single-engine aircraft (up to 4 seats), with one passenger, during daylight only, in Canada.
Transport Canada Requirements:
1) Total of 25 hours flight time of which 15 hours must be
dual instruction and 5 hours must be solo training.
a) 15 hours dual training shall include 2 hours cross country.
2) Ground School which shall include (40 hours):
a) Air Law
d) General Knowledge
3) Valid Category I, III, or IV aviation medical.
4) Pass the Transport Canada written exam.
5) Pass the Transport Canada flight test.